Auto Return Policy
We want you to be totally satisfied with our products and services.
There may be times when you need to return your instore or online purchase. Our Returns Policy is designed to assist you in returning your product.
We would like to remind you that the benefits given by our Returns Policy are in addition to other rights and remedies you may have under Australian consumer law.
Help us, help you.
When to return a product
We offer you a replacement, credit or refund where products have a major failure, such as:
- When they are faulty
- Wrongly described
- Different from a sample shown to you; or
- Do not do what they are supposed to do
Where to return a product: Provide us with photos of the product, or return it to our store. This includes products that carry a manufacturer’s warranty, which may need to be assessed by the manufacturer.
What information is needed to complete your return?
- Show your receipt
- Try to return the product in the same condition as it was purchased (including manuals, accessories and packaging).
- Provide us with any extra information we may need to process your return.
With a receipt
- For an exchange, credit, refund or repair we ask for your name, telephone number and signature in addition to your receipt.
- All purchases made on a debit/credit card will be credited back to the original card used, so please have your card with you.
Without a receipt
- If you don’t have a receipt, we ask for your photo identification showing your name, address and signature.
- You can help us determine proof of purchase by providing a Bank Statement or similar.
Consumer guarantees under the Australian Consumer Law are not limited by a defined time period and can vary from product to product depending on factors such as the nature of goods, price and statements made on packaging and product labels.
Our Store Managers can assist you with further information about the warranty period for the product you return.
Expenses: Any expenses relating to the return of your product to store will normally have to be paid by you.
Assessing your return
Product Assessment: We may need to conduct an assessment of your product to determine whether a repair, replacement or refund is appropriate. Certain technical products may need to be sent to the manufacturer or their repair agent for assessment, such as:
- Complex items
- Sound, electrical and motor driven products
- Power tools; and
- Custom orders – non store stock items
Liaise with the manufacturer
For some product assessments you may have the option to liaise directly with the manufacturer, or their repair agent. Our store team members can provide you with the relevant manufacturer contact details.
Products assessed as having a minor fault will be repaired by the manufacturer and returned to you within a reasonable time. We offer a refund or replacement if the product is assessed as having a major failure.
Returning online purchases
In Person: Return online purchases to our store.
By post or courier: Liaise with our Service Team on the below contacts:
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 1300 157 122 between the hours of 9:30am and 3:00pm AEST (Sydney) Monday to Friday.
Special procedures for certain products
Repair Notice: The repair of your goods may result in the loss of user-generated data. Please ensure that you have made a copy of any data saved on your goods. Goods presented for repair may be replaced by refurbished goods of the same type rather than being repaired. Refurbished parts may be used to repair the goods.
Bulky and fuel operated products: For safety reasons, please contact our store before returning any bulky or fuel operated products.
In some cases a refund, replacement, or repair may not be offered if you.
- Substantially modify the product;
- Misuse the product contrary to user instructions or packaging labels; or
- Simply change your mind.
Certain products are excluded under our Returns Policy unless they are faulty, these include:
- Tailor made customer orders
- Parts fitted to a caravan or trailer.
Your rights under the Australian Consumer Law:
Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
For updates to this Returns Policy please visit our Australian CARLIGHT website.
For your nearest store details:
Australia: Phone 1300 157 122
If you feel that your rights under consumer law or our Returns Policy have not been met, please forward your concerns in writing to:
Your privacy: carlight will only collect, use and disclose your personal information in accordance with the Privacy Principles outlined in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and Privacy Act 1993 (au).
If you are having an issue with your product, please create an account and submit a Ticket.
This system will allow you to log in and check the progress of your issue as we work to resolve it.